Properly Install Viper4Android on Android Oreo 8.1x devices!!
If you’re a person who’s a hard-core Android user and you also love to listen some, then sometimes you might be unsatisfied with the Audio-Output of your current device. What about trying some audio Mods? So here I’m writing about how to install one of the most famous Audio-MOD out i.e Viper4Android on to your Android Oreo devices.
There’s no official release or announcement made regarding the application from V4A developer’s end . Thus, you may be a little worried, but don’t worry as the old installation method has been tried and tested many times on different devices running Android 8.0 Oreo. In the method, we will be taking use of the V4A version of Android Noughat on Oreo device and instead of installing it as system app, we will be installing it as user app. So, lets begin:
1) Please make sure you’re running Android Oreo and your device is rooted.
2) Don’t forget to make a backup. Just in case anything goes wrong, though the chances are really low.
3) Make sure that you have BusyBox installed. If not then you can get it HERE.
If you’ve done with the above stuff then go follow the instructions below:
Install V4A on Oreo!
1) You will need a file explorer which allows us to edit the root directory i.e the ‘/system’ I prefer ES explorer or Solid Explorer. Either one would do. You will need to grant it root permissions to do this operation.
2) Next, in the explorer, head to /Vendor/etc. There, you will find a file named “audio_effects.conf”.
3) Rename that file to “audio_effects.txt” (if anything you want to restore the things, then just rename the file back)&nbs p;
4) Now you need to change your SELinux mode to permissive. You can use SELinux Mode Changer app to do so.
Now just reboot your device and breathe in some Oxygen and proceed further.
5) Download Viper4Android zip from HERE.
6) After downloading, extract the .zip file. You will find 2 files extracted : i)ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A4.x-A7.x.apk
We will be using the second file: “ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk”
7) Now install the APK as any normal app.
8) After installation open it, It will ask you to install drivers. Click ‘yes’. This might take a minute or two and your phone may also lag for a while don’t worry it’s normal. Just sit back and have a sip of coffee.
9) After it’s done, you will just have to reboot and that’s it.