So you’ve bought the Mi A1 and looking for root to perform some nerdy geeky stuff, but don’t want to loose OTA updates as it’s a Android One device?
So here’s a guide to root the Mi A1 without loosing OTA’s:
Follow these easy steps:
1. Download and install magisk manager apk latest from here (official thread)
2. Download patched boot.img from here
3. Extract patched_boot.img.zip
4. Copy patched_boot.img in fastboot folder.
5. Enable developer option in your device and enable oem unlocking in developer option.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Now press and hold volume down+power button.
8. Now connect your device to PC in fastboot mode.
9. Type command.
fastboot OEM unlock
10. Check the Android 8.0.0 slot by typing the following line in terminal.
fastboot getvar current-slot
11. If your slot is showing slot_a then type this command.
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
If your slot is showing slot_b then type this command.
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
12. Now type.