So you have started writing a blog. You have a bunch of quality posts. What else? Traffic?
We have all faced this. When you start writing a blog and have some posts online but still nobody reads your posts. I know this can get really frustrating. Even I have gone through this and let me tell you that it’s normal. To make things little better for you here I have some ideas for how to get more traffic to your blog.
- Leave thoughtful comments on other people’s blogs.
- Write shorter posts.
- Blog consistently.
- Be a resource.
- Organize your posts with lists and subheads.
- Get on Twitter. Tweet links to your posts and other useful content.
- Link out to other sites (but only ones that will help people).
- Share your content on Facebook (and ask your friends to share it, too).
- Write stuff people will want to link to.
- Ask questions.
- Be funny.
- Be clever.
- Be remarkable.
- Do some public speaking.
- Write attractive headlines.
- Optimize your site for search engines.
- Deliver killer content.
- Guest post on someone else’s blog.
- Write in the second person (“you” not “me”).
- Tell stories.
Any serious blogger will sometime in his reach this situation and need some help extending his platform beyond its initial reach.
This happens to all of us. And there’s nothing wrong with asking the question: “How can I get more traffic?” (Just make sure that your motive is to help and not merely to make you famous.)